Yuki in Hawaii

My friend Yuki came home with me this year, and I had such a great time. I think having her here with me the first week really helped ease me back into life in the US. I did have one bout of reverse culture shock when I went to the grocery store, tho... We had nice weather the first 2 days, but after that, it was pretty bad. Flash flood warnings, road and bridges being closed, thunder and lightning. Not what you expect on your tropical Hawaiian vacation! However, we did the best we could and had fun. She'll just have to come back again (in the summer!) so we can do the things we didn't get to do this time.

I want an ipod touch for Christmas, Santa. I've been a good girl this year, I promise!



The Pali Lookout



Aragon, Yuki, and I

I LOVE Kua'Aina!

Matsumoto's Shave Ice, the best on Oahu. My flavors, vanilla and rootbeer おいしい!

Rocky's fried rice omelet, another of my favorites to eat at home

Just as it started to down-pour. We were soaked to the bone by the time we got to the bottom. 

The view of Waikiki from the top of Diamond Head. It was a super cloudy day, so we weren't sure if we should do the hike, but I'm glad we did. It was fun. 
Video from Kailua Beach

Comments