It's above freezing! Let's go for a walk

Today was a “warm” day…the first day not in the negative. The high being about 33deg! With such good weather we just had to go for a walk! I had on so many layers I ended up very hot and sweaty. Or wait, maybe it was also from the shot of some Czech hard liquor that one of the students gave me just before we left… Just down the road a family was clearing off a pond and ice-skating on it. I’m so jealous!
Teaching is getting easier, now that I have an idea of the student’s levels. They are also getting more comfortable with each other and speaking in English. Today we talked about beer, sports, and daily activities. They are really family men and enjoy spending lots of time outdoors with their kids. What a change from Japan! They also love their beer and wine!
Although the day ran smoothly and calmly, I only got to lie down in bed for about 20 minutes during my 14-hour day. I’m exhausted and about ready to pass out! The first night I made it to 12, second to 11:30, and tonight I will probably pass out at 11 once I finish writing this. Holly sure was right about this being exhausting.
My tummy is starting to not be so happy with the food. All the traditional Czech food is fried. Fried cheese (which is very yummy!), fried fish, fried pork….eeeww! Luckily 2 of the other teachers like to eat vegetarian, so I’ve been eating what they eat for the most part. It still is very greasy, lots of oil and butter. I am looking forward to cooking for myself. I could cook here if I wanted, I just gotta figure out what I can make with the veggies they got here that aren't too expensive.
Time for me to hit the hay!
Dobru noc (good night)

The ice rink



Comments