Nerozumím česky

Neděle (Sunday)

Out of sheer panic I had said my first phrase in Czech! Holly and I were at "Hypernova" the supermarket checking out, and the lady started speaking to me. I just nodded and smiled, like any clueless foreigner...then she seemed to pause, and oh shit, I realize she was expecting a response. Ahh! How do I say "I don't understand Czech?!" Holly and I had practiced that phrase for a while, and all of a sudden, it just came out of my mouth "Nerozumím česky"! And then I was thinking, oh god, was that the right phrase!? Then the lady just laughed and smiled. YES! I'd said the correct thing. Go me!

Holly and I have converted our 3rd emty room to our „TV room“. I figure that while I’m living here, I’ll catch up on my 3 years of not watching TV in Japan. If anyone wants to send me anything, please, movies, tv shows (burned okay)!
Tehani Diaz c/o
Hampson Cs sro
Vaclava Klementa 601
293 01 Mlada Boleslav
Czech Republic

OMG, this place is a ghost town on Sundays. There are no open shops, no people, nothing! This has got to be the most depressing city in the Czech Republic. Luckily, I’ll be at the farm a lot, and when I’m not, I’ll be taking day trips. Tho, next week Holly will be at the farm, and I might just go crazy without her. Big empty flat with not internet. Help! Friday night when I got home from the farm, I was wiped out. Thursday night I played drinking games with all the students and boss. It was a great time, and learned some very fun new games. I think there were about 11 bottles of wine drunk between 14 of us. So, Holly and I watched movies all night, and I passed out at 9:30pm. Saturday, after we got back from Prague, we watched lots of Grey’s Anatomy, and relaxed.


Fab TV room

Comments