The farm in Ptyrov
Holly and Rado
goulaš
Saturday, January 17, 2009Ajoy! I arrived at the farm in Ptyrov yesterday afternoon. Ptyrov is about 20km from Mlada Boleslav. This village’s population is about 50 people. The house has about 15 single bedrooms, a kitchen, dinning room, a big classroom and a relaxation room. 11 adult students, 10 male & 1 female ages 30-65 arrived around 5pm. Mostly, I got to observe the Friday evening activities. Today I taught 3 lessons, starting at 8:45am. There are two male Czech teachers and I. They are so easy-going and really easy to work with. There’s quite a bit of downtime throughout the day. The funniest thing we do is called “Dynamics”. Dynamics are used to review difficult vocab, and move around after the lessons. The worst part is that it takes place outside under the covered patio. It’s soo cold! Just take a look at the video. A picture is worth a thousand words. Or, in this case, a video is worth a million words!
Dynamics Video
Comments