Sněží (It’s snowing!) in Ptyrov




This afternoon after eating guláš for lunch, Holly and I went for a walk to the horse farm. It was snowing, and so beautiful. Holly brought 1 apple. It took about 5 minutes of calling to get the horse to come to us (once it saw the red apple it started walking). There musta been a secret horse language, cuz after the one horse came, 3 others came over. The problem was that we’d only had 1 apple. Sorry other horses!

During one of our breaks I worked on my survival Czech.
Mluvíte anglicky? (mlu vee te uhn glitz ki) Do you speak English?
Nerozumám česky (nero zu meem cheski) I don't understand Czech.
Ano- Yes
Ne- Ne
Trochu- A little

It’s be really important for me not to use Holly as a cruch, since she knows so much more Czech than I do. However, she’ll leave to the farm for a week, so I’ll have to fend for myself.

Comments