Tom Cruise, Al Bundy, Bob Dylan and Nicole Kidman
The week is about half over, and I’m having a lot of fun. I was unsure about teaching adults, but I’ve found that it’s rewarding in its own way. It is great for the students to be in this all-English (well mostly English, some Czech) environment for an extended period of time. They are such a great group and work so hard. They get excited when doing things well (just like kids!) and are able to express themselves. It really warms my heart they way they’ve taken to me and are so happy to talk to me.
A lot of topics are about drinking- beer, wine, etc. It’s so funny to me! I’ve taught them expressions like “beer belly”, and “I’m so hungover” hahaha!
I’m still sleeping so much; I can’t believe I haven’t adjusted yet. Today I fell asleep for 2 hours! After 1 hour, I thought, oh, I’ll get up in 20 min. Next time I woke up, it was an hour later! The owner, Iva is here now, teaching with Honza and I. She is so nice and easy going, even more lenient with the schedule than Rado was. It’s such a change not to be on edge and afraid to breathe around my boss!
Today we took a walk and did a small project. It was so foggy outside, I could see the moisture in the air. The snow is starting to melt, because it’s just about freezing. I hope it snows more soon!
Fog
Winston Churchill and Bob Dylan with their snowman
Comments