Another weekend in Praha

Charles Bridge in mid February

Charles Bridge mid March

You can see Charles Bridge on the right hand side

Prague Castle up on the hill


I think this had to be the most interesting weekend I’ve had in Praha so far…
The weather on Saturday was actually „warm“ and sunny. Holly and I guess in the 40-50s. I finally got to go outside without 10 layers of clothes. It was great! Once in Praha we went to the awesome bookstore, and I got „The Rough Guide book for Europe on a budget“ so that I can start planning my trips to Venice and Budapest, alone with the other places I really wanna visit. We then made a big mistake of walking across Charles Bridge. Here is a photo of Charles Bridge 3 weeks ago, and one of yesterday. Note to self: Avoid Charles Bridge at all cost. We saw more tourists yesterday than I’ve seen in the entire 2 months I’ve been here! (2 months! It has flown by, that's for sure). Tourists totally get in the way of normal people who want to get somewhere. It was like dodging bullets to get across that bridge. Geeze, all those people relaxing and enjoying their stroll across the bride-what are they thinking?! Hahah, yeah, so I will now get to know the back-streets of Praha a lot more in the coming trips there. From here on out, it’s just gonna get worse and worse. I’m so not looking forward to it. There’s a reason I avoid Waikiki!
We wanted to go to the DaVinci exhibition-Sat was the last day. We were disappointed to find out how much it cost- $15! Definitely for tourists, not people on a czech salary. Sad, I’ll have to see DaVinci at another time. We went to a vegetarian-Indian hole in the wall place a student had told me about. There were mostly European foreigners speaking English-but they didn’t seem like tourists. The food was yummy and at a great price. I haven’t eaten so much and been so full and satisfied in months.
In the evening we went to a concert in a neat underground club-the only bad part, I probably shoulda been smoking, cuz I’m sure I inhaled a pack of cigarettes. We met some friends of Holly’s- Czech girls that live down south. Holly and I didn’t have a place to stay- we hadn’t booked a hostel and were too cheap to pay a whole $15 dollars. (bus-$6 round trip, book-$25, concert-$20) I’m so cheap! Or should I just say I choose how I spend my money wisely. So, we were planning to stay out all night, though by 11pm, the 5am first train seemed awfully far away. So, we went back to one of the friend’s flats. We had no idea where we were going, just followed like puppies. We got on the last metro to the outskirts, only to find that the bus we needed had left 10 minutes prior. Great, stuck in the middle of nowhere! By then it was cold too. Well, we got really lucky. A friend of the girls‘ happens to be a police officer, and he happened to be working at the metro station where we got off. The girls begged and told him our situation, and we were chauffeured in a police car home!
Whatta day!

Comments