Gotta love getting on the wrong train when you’re one stop away from home!



To end a great day, of course I had to get on the wrong train! While I was waiting on the train in the Mlada Boleslav main train station I had a feeling that something wasn’t right, so really, I should have gotten off, but I didn’t. I’m to used to the fact that Japanese trains arrive and depart in like a minute. Not these Czech trains! 1st, the tain was going too fast (it was like a rapid train in Japan). It should have been going slow like a local train. 2nd, we were up too high, not down low like I knew the trains to my flat were. So, I called my boss Iva and told her I was on the wrong train, but there were no attendants, so I had no idea where this train was going. I have the phone to a young girl and she talked to Iva. Luckily the next stop was on the outskirts of Mlada Boleslav, not far from Iva’s house. Had I not been so lucky I would have gotten off and frozen my butt off waiting outside in this dinky old station for a train to take me back. Apparently the main station is about a 30min walk to my station. I’m gonna have to learn that route once Holly gets back from Ptyrov! And….I’ll have to make sure to ask before jumping on a train! In the main station there aren’t any platforms with numbers, just cement walkways and tracks. Also, it was dark and hard to see. Iva said the Czech people also have to ask which train to get on as well. I had asked…but obviously I gotta work on my understanding and reading gestures skills. Needless to say, I’m much more motivated to study Czech now!

Comments

akalade29 said…
I hate the wrong train! At least you think fast on your feet. :) You make me want to drop everything and join you there!