I should have known better, Holly had even warned me, but I didn’t listen. I was curious and had to see for myself. 1st thing- the tofu doesn’t have an expiration date, 2nd- it isn’t refrigerated, 3rd- it isn’t packed in water. When I opened it I was shocked at how hard it was. Normal tofu, if you apply any pressure with your finger it would fall apart. Not this stuff! I even had to push hard with a knife to cut it. Then, I tried it…I don’t even know how to describe it, except nothing like tofu. It almost has a wheat taste, so heavy and bad after taste. Not even shoyu could save this stuff. I put it in a mexican dish which made the bad taste un-noticable. Now I still have ¾ of the package left. I can’t decide, just dump it, or attempt to make something else….
I should have known better, Holly had even warned me, but I didn’t listen. I was curious and had to see for myself. 1st thing- the tofu doesn’t have an expiration date, 2nd- it isn’t refrigerated, 3rd- it isn’t packed in water. When I opened it I was shocked at how hard it was. Normal tofu, if you apply any pressure with your finger it would fall apart. Not this stuff! I even had to push hard with a knife to cut it. Then, I tried it…I don’t even know how to describe it, except nothing like tofu. It almost has a wheat taste, so heavy and bad after taste. Not even shoyu could save this stuff. I put it in a mexican dish which made the bad taste un-noticable. Now I still have ¾ of the package left. I can’t decide, just dump it, or attempt to make something else….
Comments