This weekend Holly and I went to Krakow, Poland. It took about 8 hours by train. The first leg was 6 hours and we had this sleeping car. The last 2 hours sucked, from 5-7am we had to stand in the hallway because there were no open cars. And there were some creepy looking guys.
Gothic Mariacki Church
Coffee, sun, Poland- what could be better?!
On the first day we walked around Krakow and went to different cafes. Krakow is just the kind of city I like. Lots of small cafes, open space, parks and whatnot. It wasn't even very touristy. In Prague everything is aimed at tourists, with so many souvenir shops. I actually had to search for post cards in Krakow. The city was really easy to navigate and not that big, we walked all over.
Awesome Obama Mama bagel
Corpus Christi Church
Castle and Church
Cathedral Wawel
Polish money- 3zloty=$1=20czech kroun...It was so confusing going from the CZ where I'm used to paying about 100-500 for things, and now paying like 30 for food. The prices were good, about the same as the CZ, so the most expensive thing for us was the train ride. Which was about $150- which was too much! I'll be taking the bus next time.
The train ride back was nice, we didn't have to change trains and we got our own room again. There were lots of warnings about stuff getting stolen on the train to and from Praha, so it was nice to have our own room to lock. The train was so rocky though, it was a bit scary at times, and it felt like the train would roll off the tracks!
All in all, it was a great trip and everything went smoothly
Comments