This weekend Holly and I went way down south to Český Krumlov. It has a great reputation for being beautiful, and all my students said we'd love it. And, we did! It was so quaint and nice. Apparently it gets packed in the summer with tourists from Prague. Luckily, it was a very quiet weekend. The weather was sunny and warm (strike 2 for google weather! it said it was gonna be rainy. I'm glad google weather was wrong!). The town was really easy to navigate and we got to see everything on Saturday. We found a great vegetarian restaurant right on the river and really enjoyed our beers and the sun. The waiter kept laughing at us. On Sunday morning we went back there, and he gave us a "present" a free piece of cake. As we were leaving I told him, "this place is so much better than Mlada Boleslav, where we live". He laughed, and the waitress said, "why do you live in Mlada Boleslave?!" (Holly and I get that question a lot....thanks a lot Holly! For moving to the ugliest city in the CZ). I swear everywhere is prettier than here. Of the 50,000 citizens, 30,000 work for the Skoda car factory....
Driving through the countryside is so pretty too, there is a video at the bottom of this post, please czech it out!

I live between Prague and Jicin, we took a bus to Prague, then metro, and another bus for 3 hours down to Český Krumlov
View of the castle
Awesome vegetarian restaurant right on the river
Enjoying the sun and the beer
Such perfect beautiful weather!
The Czech countryside and canola flowers. These fields are all over the place. Soo pretty!
P.S. This may be my last blog for a few weeks. I'm going back to the farm (intensive course) for about 2 weeks. BUT...then my mom, dad, and grandma are arriving in Berlin Germany on May 29th, and I'm joining them for a 12day river cruise down the River Elbe! It's gonna be great, I'm so stoked. So, I'll have lots to write about then.
Ciao!
Comments