Czech Desserts

Ba-bo-v-ka----- (This is how I say it, all long and dramatic)
Babovká is my FAVORITE Czech food. This week our cook Miluška taught me how to make it. She knows my obsession, and how I'm soo happy when it is "Babovka Day" (Sunday!). I learned half in English, half in Czech. Super funny, and I could actually understand most of the time. I sure hope I'm able to make it back in the US.


Jahoda Knedlíky- Strawberry Dumplings


Some how this course seems to have turned into a cooking course. The students taught me how to make these dessert dumplings tonight. I'd never had them before, and everyone insisted on how much better they were when they were homemade than at a restaurant.
The dough is made from sour cream, flour, and egg. Then press the dough flat and wrap the strawberries inside. Place them in boiling water. The secret to knowing they're done cooking: they float to the top! Eat with butter, sour cream, powdered sugar, whipped cream, or whatever your heart desires!
I could only eat 3 and I was soo stuffed.
I really think I'm getting fatter during this course!

Comments

nita said…
wow, that all looks so yummy! you'll have to make some for me when i go visit you in monterey :P