Plzen

Pilzner Urquell Brewery


Simron, Me, and Colin tasking awesomely fresh beer

Gotta love the czech meat! Just like in Poland

The 3rd largest Synagog in the world

That would be a "pork knee"


I was itching to travel this weekend, so I went to Plzen, where the brewery for Pilzner beer was founded. The bummer was that it took me 3 hours to get there! If I'd gone by car, probably woulda taken only 2 hours or less. 1 hr from Mlada Boleslav to Praha, then 40 min from the first subway station to the the last stop. Then 1 hour from Zlicin to Plzen. PHEW!
I had a bit of trouble navigating the city, there were no street signs! I was getting annoyed and couldn't find the Plzen Brewery. I was about to give up, and I just happened to look up and it was across the street! So, I made it in time to go on the 2:15 English tour.
On the tour I met 2 guys from San Fran. I was so surprised to hear American English, and even more cuz it was with a Cali accent. We ended up going for some beer and food after the tour, then took the bus back to Praha and went to dinner. I introduced them to some czech specialties, food and drink :)
The only bummer was that because the tour took 2 hours I really didn't get to see any of Plzen the city, except what I walked through. Bummer that it takes 3 hours to get to, or I'd definitely go back.

Comments