Budapest

On Wednesday I arrived in Budapest by bus around 4pm. I was so tired from not sleeping well the night before and waking up at 5:30am, that I took a short walk around the hostel area and had a nap. That night I went out with a bunch of people from the hostel on a pub-crawl. We went to a few really cool outdoor pubs.
On Thursday I went with a bunch of guys from the hostel to the Szechenyi Baths. They were so pretty and the water was great. There were 3 big pools, warm, cold, and hot. After being in the sun and water for 3 hours I hardly had any energy to walk around the city. On the way back to the hostel I saw Hero’s Square, which is dedicated to all the great Hungarian heroes. That night we all went out again, for karaoke and 100huf beers (50cents!). It was great to be at that hostel, because everyone hung out in the common area and talked and went out together.
On Friday Chris and Cole (from Australia) and I did a huge walking tour of the city. We walked for about 5 hours from Buda to Pest. At one point we got caught in a downpour but luckily got cover before it really started going.
Saturday, I did my own thing, went to the Market and had a really good stuffed bell pepper and cake that tasted even better than it looked. I also walked across the Chain Bridge, which was cool to see Buda and Pest from the middle.

St. Stephen's Basilica

Szechenyi Baths

Hero's Square

$1= 195 forint

Parliament Bldg in the background, one of my faves in the city


Buda Palace

The Chain Bridge- The first bridge linking Buda to Pest

Comments