We flew to Barcelona where we met Amy and Naiha. Finding the hostel wasn’t an easy task, the directions there were terrible. After we’d checked in and paid we found out there was no hot water, it was supposed to be fixed on Monday, but it wasn’t so the 3 nights we stayed there we had no hot water. I also go about 75 bed bug bites while I was there. Ian didn’t get any! That was no fun, because they were so itchy for about a week. I see to be prone to getting bug bites, because the same thing happened in SE Asia last year, and Amy didn’t get any bites. I’ll have to look into some preventative measures for my next trip.
I didn’t know what to expect of Barcelona, but I thought it would be fabulous. I was slightly disappointed, because I didn’t feel as though I was in Spain at all. I felt I could have been sitting on a dirty beach anywhere. The best part was seeing all the work of Gaudi. My favorite was the Park Guell. We didn’t go into any of the houses he’d created because the entrance fee was ridiculously high. One evening we went to a bull fight. For 20 euro we saw 5 bulls killed (we didn’t stay for the 6th one). The skill of the Matadors on the horses was amazing, it was like they were one. But it was so sad to see the bulls with so many knives in their backs panting and bleeding to death.
Comments