Ian and I met up with Amy, Andrea, and Shayna in Istanbul. We all had a great time in Istanbul, and it was Ian and my favorite city. The vibe and the people were so great and friendly. Our hostel was nice and had an awesome view of the ocean. Sadly, we didn’t get to see many of the sites or just wander around the city like I like to because we were shopping. I had no idea that there would be so much to buy for cheap. We would bargain for everything, on average the starting price was about 4-5x the price we’d pay at the end. Bargaining was hard work! The shopkeepers were so nice and funny. Of course they wanted to sell us things, but they all went out of their way to chat and make jokes. We enjoyed smoking different flavors of the shesha and drinking different kinds of teas. I will definitely have to go back to Istanbul and spend more time traveling around Turkey.
View of the ocean from our hostel
The Blue Mosque
Turkish tea is delicious!
At the spice market
I'm not sure why this cat didn't just jump right in, there was nothing stopping him
All the stuff we bought
Comments