Paris was a big change from the other cities because of its size. We stayed about 20 minutes by metro from the city center. There didn’t seem to be nearly as many tourists as Rome or Barcelona. We walked around a lot the first evening and watched the sun set behind the Eiffel Tower. The next day we went to the Notre Dame, did a bunch of shopping, went to the Louvre, and up the Eiffel Tower at 10pm. I was disappointed at the Louvre because we couldn’t walk past the Mona Lisa (to watch her eyes follow you). We could only stand in front and there were so many people pushing and shoving. We were too tired by that time and annoyed at all the tourists to really enjoy the rest of the museum. I wanted to go to Paris Disneyland, but Ian didn’t really want to and we knew it would be very crowded, so we went to Versailles. I’d been to several gardens and Chateaus that were modeled after Versailles, so I was excited to see the real thing. However, it wasn’t nearly as grand or beautiful as I expected.
The Louvre
Mona Lisa
Ian showing off his skillz with his new camera
Arch de Triumph
The Notre Dame
The best food we had in Paris, kebap, we ate at this place 3 times!
Versailles
Comments