If you can, remember my pictures/ videos of the crazy traffic in Hanoi. Now, picture me on a bicycle riding on those roads, with the crazy cars. Yep, that’s riding a bicycle in Hue. I’m so glad I have 3 years of bike riding in Japan under my belt. The ride wasn’t so bad for me, but it was a bit traumatizing for Laura. I just know to go slowly, and they will go around me. It is definitely not “safe” and I have to keep my lookout constantly.
I forgot to mention the bumpy very uneven and definitely not paved “roads”. It’s one thing to ride on paved roads, but this is a whole new experience. I think of all the places we’ve been in Hue so far, only a few have been paved. Today after class, some of my students invited me to get a drink. There weren’t enough bicycles, so we had to double. I rode on the back of one bike- man, was that a mistake! My butt hurts so bad! That was a very painful experience, yet hilarious at the same time. I’m sure I was a crack up to locals, wincing at every bump and rock we went over.
Comments