Buying water
In Vietnam it still isn’t possible to drink water from the tap, so I have to buy bottles of water every few days. If I go to the crazy supermarket (like walmart) it costs 4,000, but I have to deal with the craziness, not taking my purse in, and parking my bicycle. So, I avoid the Big C at all costs. I’ve found a small “shop” on my way home, and usually buy from this lady. Last night her granddaughter was there, and I showed her my 2 bottles. The girl called out to her grandma, who got up to see who the person was, and therefore would decide how much to charge. She saw it was me, smiled, and told me 5,000 each, which is the price I pay every time.
It’s surprising to me how prices are almost solely based on being a regular customer. The first time you buy, the prices will be higher, but as you go back, the price will lower, and then stay the same. If I buy water from a different person on the street, the price ranges from 7,000-10,000.
Comments