Food food food!

Cane juice and Coconut juice in the Citadel

Bún bò Huê- Hue specialty

Hue specialties

Monkey wine

"chicken"

Yet again, I had so much to write about while out and about, but once I return home, I forget what I wanted to say!

Last night we had a welcome dinner with a few of the university staff. They are all so nice and really helpful. We went to a vegetarian restaurant, where I had a variety of foods including chicken, fish, and squid- all vegetarian! How the cook does it is beyond me. The chicken looked so real! It was all so much better than any vegetarian “meat” I’ve had in the US or CZ.

Then, we went to a get together at Ai’s friends house. There, I got to meet a Japanese girl and a British girl, who also just arrived in Vietnam. Kanh, our host has a wide variety of interesting wines: Monkey, Banana, & Ginseng wine. Sadly, monkeys were harmed in the making of monkey wine… guess that makes me a pretty bad vegetarian!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i'd say the vegetarian food was the best.