Hanoi, day 2

Our hotel

bún chà
First, we got the bowl of meat and broth. The noodles and herbs were separate.
Mix it all together and eat!

lunch (before mixing it all together)

dinner

July 6, 2010

Ahh, what a long, tiring but exciting day. It all started at 6am, which I thought was 8am… Apparently my iPhone didn’t automatically change the time for me when I arrived, so when I set my alarm for 8am, I really got up at 6. Laura and I were wondering why Tim wasn’t there to meet us for breakfast (at 8:20, which was really 6:20), so we wandered around a bit looking for something for breakfast. We ended up with some bananas, and headed back to the hotel. It wasn’t until 7am that I looked at my watch and realized that it was 7am, not 9am! So, I went back to bed for a while, before getting up to actually start the day.

For lunch we had a Hanoi specialty called bún chà, then went to buy cell phones and sim cards. In the afternoon we had a 2 hour Vietnamese lesson. Our teacher was great! I learned so much in that time. Xin chào (Hello)
 Tôi thích ăn ph (I like to eat pho). We learned the pronunciations and the different tones. It was really interesting. Now, I just have to memorize and use my new phrases.

After dinner we walked around a lot, and found so many new food stalls. There is so much great stuff to eat! I think I’m too tired right now to write any more, I’ll have to try to write earlier during the day, during one of my breaks, tomorrow.




Comments