Teaching- week 1

The teaching has begun! I’ll be teaching 30 students, lower-intermediate level for 2 hours a day, Monday-Thursday. The students range from high-school to university age. The high school students speak very well, and I can understand pretty much everything. Some students are difficult to understand, and I feel terrible having to ask several times. I supposed I’d better start working on pronunciation.

Today was our 2nd day of teaching and, I’d say it went pretty well. I had about 19 students each day, but a few new ones today and a few were missing. I realized that teaching for 2 hours is a long time! I’ll have to be more creative and come up with some activities that will take longer for the students to complete.

Yesterday after class, some of the high school students asked me to hang out for a bit. We went to a local roadside stand to get delicious sugar cane juice. I had a great time hanging out with the kids, and I look forward to being able to get to know my students better in and outside of class.

Comments