Typhoon
The typhoon arrived on Friday afternoon. We’d been told throughout the week in a very nonchalant way that a typhoon would be coming. By Friday, I asked my students if we should be worried, or if the typhoon would be dangerous. “No, no, just wind and rain” they told me. Ahah, now I get it! I explained to them how when Americans hear the word “typhoon” we get a little nervous, and that what they were describing was more like a storm. Luckily we didn’t loose power, but the internet did go out on Friday afternoon, and didn’t come back on till Monday morning. Ai had to bring us dinner on Friday night because the weather was too bad for us to try to go out. On Saturday we ventured out, and boy was trying to get to the main road an adventure. I never did get to take any pictures… Some of the puddles spanned the entire road, with no way around. It was nerve-racking to go through those puddles because we had no idea how deep or what the wholes were filled with. I was so happy to not have any accidents until they dried up.
Heat
The one good thing about the typhoon was the relief from the heat. However, today the heat was back in full force. It’s still in the high 90s during the day. Today felt especially hot, and it affected me a lot. We had several smoothies during the day, which helped cool us off.
Comments