The rain started early this morning, it was so loud that it woke me up, but it was a sweet beautiful sound… It let up by the late morning, so I decided to check out a new café that Ai had discovered. I felt like I’d been transported back to Europe- I think I’ll be spending a lot of time at Café Jardin. It started pouring, off and on while I was in the café. After a while, I could tell it wasn’t about to stop raining any time soon. I was dreading the ride home, with my umbrella on those horrible roads… After a while, it let up a little, so I decided to suck it up, and take on the rain for the 15 minute ride home. Riding on the main road wasn’t too bad, but as soon as I turned off it, the 15foot long murky puddles began. All I could do was pray that I didn’t fall in. It was one of the most stressful rides of my life! I got soaked, but made it back alive, and in 1 piece. As I’m writing this, I can hear it pouring again outside.
Now the next dilemma… dinner. Is it worth going through those puddles again for food? All I have in my room is a few beers, half a watermelon, cookies and some bread… Will that last me from now 3pm (and I haven’t eaten all day) until tomorrow?
Comments