The Citadel

Today my students took me to the Citadel in the old city. Hue, Thi, & Ngoc did a great job of giving me a history lesson and being my tour guide. They even had done some “homework” and looked up vocabulary, as well as facts before hand! I was very impressed. Today was especially hot, and it was really tiring walking around in the sun for almost 2 hours. We then met up with some other students and went to have yogurt (gotta have the yogurt!). Then we went to eat banh canh- which usually I don't’ like because it has fish in it. This place had it with fish or meat. Outside, they were making the noodles from scratch and boiling them for each bowl- so cool! The soup was great. I don’t think I’ll enjoy going to American restaurants after my experiences here. Because we hadn’t already had enough to eat, we went to the famous smoothie shop on “smoothie street”, as I like to call it. When we went to pay, I was shocked at the price- 47 for 8 people?! When we went a few weeks ago, we paid 20 each, this time it was only 6 each! Ulgh, we are always being ripped off! At least it’s only a difference of $1 and 25cents….

Ngoc & I

My favorite building of all

Ruins- in one area they are working to restore the building that were destroyed due to war

Thi & I
Huda, Triet, & Tom

Banh Canh

Making the noodles


Comments