I spent Friday and Saturday walking around different parts of Medellin.
On Friday I was in el centro which is packed with local people shopping and selling things on the streets. I took the metro to get there, and I was surprised to see how clean and safe it felt- probably one of the best metros I've been on. In el centro I stumbled upon some of the main sights, churches, museums, and a park with tons of statues (those pics are on the previous blog posting).
In the evening the hostel had karaoke night, which people from all over the town come to. I met a guy named Juan who took me around and showed me some of the city at night. It is such a beautiful place!

Overlooking Medellin at night

At a very local hangout on the mountain

Hot chocolate with cheese!

A club in the El Poblado (rich touristy) area.
I couldn't believe my eyes seeing these clubs! They were beyond my wildest dreams.

I sure don't feel like I'm in a 3rd world country!
On Saturday I got a very late start- guess I'm adjusting fine to hostel life! I decided to head to El Poblado to see it during the day. It was quite a hike up a hill from the metro, but totally worth it. I finally found a coffee shop and was so happy to have my first coffee in days!


This is the building that the club with the swimming pool is in.
I stumbled upon a high class street market and wanted to die and go to heaven. It's a good think I didn't have much money on me! I couldn't believe the clothes, shoes, and jewelry that were for sale. I got myself a cute pair or earrings for only $2.50





I want to hang out here!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
On Friday I was in el centro which is packed with local people shopping and selling things on the streets. I took the metro to get there, and I was surprised to see how clean and safe it felt- probably one of the best metros I've been on. In el centro I stumbled upon some of the main sights, churches, museums, and a park with tons of statues (those pics are on the previous blog posting).
In the evening the hostel had karaoke night, which people from all over the town come to. I met a guy named Juan who took me around and showed me some of the city at night. It is such a beautiful place!
Overlooking Medellin at night
At a very local hangout on the mountain
Hot chocolate with cheese!
A club in the El Poblado (rich touristy) area.
I couldn't believe my eyes seeing these clubs! They were beyond my wildest dreams.
I sure don't feel like I'm in a 3rd world country!
On Saturday I got a very late start- guess I'm adjusting fine to hostel life! I decided to head to El Poblado to see it during the day. It was quite a hike up a hill from the metro, but totally worth it. I finally found a coffee shop and was so happy to have my first coffee in days!
This is the building that the club with the swimming pool is in.
I stumbled upon a high class street market and wanted to die and go to heaven. It's a good think I didn't have much money on me! I couldn't believe the clothes, shoes, and jewelry that were for sale. I got myself a cute pair or earrings for only $2.50
I want to hang out here!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Comments