Cartagena, June 8, 2012
The girls in my dorm and I spent the day exploring the old city. By mid afternoon, even after a good lunch, I felt like passing out. I later realized that was because it was about 95 degrees and 95% humidity.















The old city is full of nice colonial buildings, many are restaurants, shops, and hotels. So many people said such great things about Cartagena that I was a bit disappointed with it. Luckily, I'd met a group of great people and they were what made the town fun. Id forgotten how nice it is to make a great group of friends from such different backgrounds. This trip I met mostly Britts, which are hilarious and have such great personalities.













The girls and I decided to splurge on dinner and go to a really nice place. Cartagena is full of wonderful, restaurants that just aren't in a backpacker's budget. When buying things, I always relate the price back to the cost of a meal or a nights accommodation. On average I was spending 8,000 pesos ($4) on a meal and 22,000 ($11) on a dorm. At the restaurant we went to, we all ordered the cheapest food on the menu- 19,000 and a glass of wine for 11,000. Yikes! I went to Cartagena knowing its was tourist trap, but unprepared to spend my budget at double the rate of Medellin. Oh well, it's only money, right! Unless you're a backpacker...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Cartagena, June 8, 2012

Comments