June 13, 2012 Medellin
Sophie and I only had one day in Medellin before heading to the coffee region. I wanted to show her as much as possible, so we had a very long day.
We took the extra long cable car up to the national park. I was surprised at how long the ride was and how big the park was. It was a beautiful ride and I wish I'd taken more pictures- I guess I was too busy enjoying the view to take pictures.


At the top there was a market with local farmers and crafters. I was able to pick up some nice earring and another bracelet.

A guide explained the area to us all in Spanish, so, needless to say, we were pretty confused. The area was so big that we decided to just stay on the paved road and see where we'd end up with a bit of walking. We found horseback riding and decided to do that- only $7 for an hour! We had a nice walk and I think it was the best way to see the park in a short amount of time. Im sure there are tons of great hikes there as well.




Around 5pm we went to the city center and saw the Bodero statues. The area was packed with vendors and locals. It was a little intimidating, but I felt pretty safe and just held on tight to my bag.



For dinner we went to an Indian restaurant called Naan. The food was great and such a nice change from typical Colombian food. After dinner we went out to a bar in Poblado and I got to try their local liquor called "aguardiente". It's pretty awful and tastes like black liquorice.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Sophie and I only had one day in Medellin before heading to the coffee region. I wanted to show her as much as possible, so we had a very long day.
We took the extra long cable car up to the national park. I was surprised at how long the ride was and how big the park was. It was a beautiful ride and I wish I'd taken more pictures- I guess I was too busy enjoying the view to take pictures.
At the top there was a market with local farmers and crafters. I was able to pick up some nice earring and another bracelet.
A guide explained the area to us all in Spanish, so, needless to say, we were pretty confused. The area was so big that we decided to just stay on the paved road and see where we'd end up with a bit of walking. We found horseback riding and decided to do that- only $7 for an hour! We had a nice walk and I think it was the best way to see the park in a short amount of time. Im sure there are tons of great hikes there as well.
Around 5pm we went to the city center and saw the Bodero statues. The area was packed with vendors and locals. It was a little intimidating, but I felt pretty safe and just held on tight to my bag.
For dinner we went to an Indian restaurant called Naan. The food was great and such a nice change from typical Colombian food. After dinner we went out to a bar in Poblado and I got to try their local liquor called "aguardiente". It's pretty awful and tastes like black liquorice.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Comments