Tokyo Day 8 Asakusa 02.13.14

January 13, 2014 Thursday

We packed up our bags and checked out in the morning. We had until 2:45pm to play tourist, when we would the catch a bus for the airport from our hotel. The bus was cheaper than the train and so much easier!
Mom and I both really like Asakusa, so we went there for the morning. The street to the temple is lined with touristy shops. It was the perfect place to pick up omiyage for work and friends. The temple is very popular so it's not relaxing and quiet, but it is grand and beautiful.
I was sad to say goodbye to Japan, but I know I'll be back. It's my second home and I know I will always have "family" there. It really was a perfect trip, a great way to start off 2914, celebrate turning 30 and check off the Yuki Matsuri from my bucket list.








Comments