Japan Trip 2015

Two weeks ago I bought a ticket to Japan for a 1 weeks vacation. Since January I'd had Japan on my mind a lot. I was even dreaming about being back there. The stars aligned and I was able to book a ticket and buy a rail pass. I really needed a break from Hawaii life and a trip back to my other Hometown- Okayama.

I made arrangements to stay with my friend Chisato, her husband Hiro, and their two daughters. I've known Chisato since I moved to Okayama in 2005! We met with the plan of doing language exchange, but mostly we spoke English to each other and our other friend Yuki.

With the Japan Rail Pass, I am able to travel on JR trains all over Japan. It was perfect because I'd be able to go visit friends in other cities as well. I highly recommend the rail pass to anyone who plans on traveling to multiple cities, especially if you're going from Osaka to Toyko. For me, the price from Okayama to the airport round trip is almost as much as the 7 day rail pass!

Here's the plan:

Sunday 3/1 Depart Honolulu

Monday 3/2 Arrive at Kansai Airport and stay with Traci in Osaka

Tuesday 3/3 Girl's Day! Take the Shinkansen to Okayama

Wednesday 3/4 Go to Hiroshima to see Emi

Thursday 3/5 Go to Kyoto with Traci

Friday 3/6 Go to Nao Shima with Urabe Sensei and then have dinner with student's family

Saturday 3/7 Hang out in Okayama City and have dinner with another family

Sunday 3/8 Hang out in Okayama then take the Shinkansen to the airport  

Harrier seemed to know something was up and that I was about to leave him

Comments