Okayama 岡山
On Sunday March 8th I was all shopped out and didn’t have any space
left in my suitcase. The weather turned out to be really nice (first time
during the whole trip) so we went to Korakuen, which is the famous garden in
Okayama. I was so happy that the Ume (plum) trees were blooming. They have a
lot of different varieties and it was so beautiful. I got to take tons of
photos. Alyssa didn’t like taking pictures, but she did hold my hand! It only
took her a week to get used to me L.
For lunch we went to a super Japanese whole in the wall
Yakiniku restaurant. It was sooo delicious. I think we traumatized Ellen with
the fire. Alyssa loved the food and ate a ton.
They took me to the station and bought tickets up to the
track to send me off. It was Alyssa’s first time seeing the big shinkansen. A
week in Japan was not enough, but I’m so happy I went. I can’t wait to go back
again. I think the next time I want to go in the fall so I can see the changing
leaves. I love momiji!









Comments