The flight to Bangkok was uneventful. I did get to read the entire Harry Potter and the Cursed Child book. I flew on Eastern China Airlines (just like I did last year to India). Although the airline reviews aren't good, it's really not bad. I just know to put some movies and books on my ipad (there aren't any screens on the back of the seats) and to bring my own food (though the food isn't THAT bad).
I arrived in Bangkok around 10pm so I took a taxi for 450 baht to the hostel ($1 = 35baht). I knew I'd be ripped off, but it was worth my safety and peace of mind. My bag arrived (always my biggest fear!) and I got through immigration quickly. Tetsuko was already asleep when I got to the hostel around midnight. Since she goes to Thailand often, I gave her the duty of choosing our hostel. The Blocks Hostel has good reviews- free wifi and AC in rooms. Our room also had a shower in it and slept 5 people. I was actually able to sleep from 1am-7am, even though I'd just slept like 20 hours. Apparently I really needed to catch up on sleep!
I arrived in Bangkok around 10pm so I took a taxi for 450 baht to the hostel ($1 = 35baht). I knew I'd be ripped off, but it was worth my safety and peace of mind. My bag arrived (always my biggest fear!) and I got through immigration quickly. Tetsuko was already asleep when I got to the hostel around midnight. Since she goes to Thailand often, I gave her the duty of choosing our hostel. The Blocks Hostel has good reviews- free wifi and AC in rooms. Our room also had a shower in it and slept 5 people. I was actually able to sleep from 1am-7am, even though I'd just slept like 20 hours. Apparently I really needed to catch up on sleep!
Comments