It's now October (even though I'm backdating the publish date) and this trip that happened in August seems light years away. Work has been busy and stressful, so I'm going to dive into my journal and pics with the hopes of feeling like I'm back on this wonderful trip!
This trip was not "planned" like most trips of mine are. I think it was sometime in Spring that Tetusko was trying to figure out what to do with her summer vacation. She mentioned Thailand. I didn't have much interest in going to Thailand (my 2008 experience was less than great) but I really wanted to go to Laos, and had yet to meet anyone to go with me. So, I asked Tetsuko if she'd want to go to Laos, and she said YES! Tetsuko and I are opposites in some ways, I'm a planner, and she's not. So, we came up with a general idea of where we wanted to go and just bought the hostel and first plane tickets. We decided we'd figure it out once we were together.
With that, I bought my ticket to Bangkok where we'd meet up and then take a 2 week trip in Thailand and Laos! Little did I know that life was about to change big time and I'd really need this trip to maintain my sanity.
This trip was not "planned" like most trips of mine are. I think it was sometime in Spring that Tetusko was trying to figure out what to do with her summer vacation. She mentioned Thailand. I didn't have much interest in going to Thailand (my 2008 experience was less than great) but I really wanted to go to Laos, and had yet to meet anyone to go with me. So, I asked Tetsuko if she'd want to go to Laos, and she said YES! Tetsuko and I are opposites in some ways, I'm a planner, and she's not. So, we came up with a general idea of where we wanted to go and just bought the hostel and first plane tickets. We decided we'd figure it out once we were together.
With that, I bought my ticket to Bangkok where we'd meet up and then take a 2 week trip in Thailand and Laos! Little did I know that life was about to change big time and I'd really need this trip to maintain my sanity.
Comments